Are you good at something?
Are you knowledgeable in a particular field?
Do you have years of experience dealing with certain issues?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you could make money from your strength and experiences.
Your strength is other people’s weakness and they may pay for your help and advice.
For example I have years of experience as a union rep and have represented lots of people and lots of different issues. I could start offering advice online to employees who do not have representation and have an issue at work.
Where to Start
- Make a list of what you are good at or the subjects that you are best at. Then rate them on ease of implementation, cost, time and other criteria of choice.
- Then research the internet to find out what the competition looks like and what do they offer. To help you out in your research you could run some free keyword searches at Jaaxy to feel out the competition.
- Define your niche again doing a keyword search will help
- Decide on the type of customer are you are going to cater too. This is a very important step because it will be the basis of any marketing campaigns and how your website will look.
- Decide on how you are going to get the word out and how much time it will take
- Make a budget
- Build a business plan and a task list and break it down to small do-able chunks
- Start on the first task
- And do not set high expectations, better to set small moderate and exceed
You will need to be patient because most successful businesses did not make it overnight and it was a long slog
Be happy at making a start and by completing the tasks because this will move you forward and try not to get stressed.
Take from one that knows it is very easy to get stressed when it things are not happening as you expect and easy to get frustrated and demotivated when expectations you have set are not delivered
Hang in there and connect with motivated people on line you can do that here.
The key is
Be honest with yourself and do not belittle your own abilities, knowledge and achievements.
The things you know and have learned maybe of value to others.
You have nothing to lose and all to gain!