We have looked at affiliate marketing and how this works.
We have briefly touched on combining a blog with affiliate marketing.
Now I want to give some information about the opportunity that promoting products found on Amazon can give you.
Nowadays all the large online companies have an affiliate program and amazon is no different.
If you have an account with Amazon you can sign up for their associate program for free and you will be accepted virtually immediately.
Once you have been accepted you will be given your own affiliate account and you can start promoting any product on Amazon.
When you set up your account your will need to provide payment details so that you can be paid.
The commission Amazon pays is not very high ranging from 1% to 10% of a sale from your affiliate link.
Commissions are based on the number of products sold so starts at 1% up to 5 products, 6% between 6 and 630 and then 10% above that.
Commissions are paid at the end of each quarter and are only paid when $10 or more sales are achieved.
Depending on the region you live in commissions are paid in either cash or product vouchers for you to use on Amazon.
Although the commissions start low you get paid for every product bought by customers that land on Amazon from your affiliate link so the commission paid could be very high.
There are a lot of good things about promoting amazon products:
- Easy and free to set up
- Millions of diverse products so you can always find some that fits your niche
- Get paid for all the products purchased from your link not just the one you are promoting
- Easy to integrate Amazon onto your site through the plug-ins and links
- Lots of Word Press plug-ins
- Easy access to stats to check what works and what does not
- Trust in the company and brand
- Customer protection so trust in promoting
- Good starting place
- Commission rate is low
- Only pays out every quarter, although this will mean monthly if you build a strong campaign strategy.
- They can close your account due to lack of sales without notice
- They do not provide a full training and support package which some other networks, such as Clickbank or Wealthy Affiliate do.
- Rules and offers differ from region to region
- If you are have traffic from all over the world then you might need to use different affiliate links.
If you are starting out on your online presence then promoting Amazon products is a good place to start.
Although the commission is small but it can soon build up and it is paid on all products purchased through you link.
You can use your Amazon link with other links and contextual programs such as adsense, mixing programs and links is a good idea anyway.
I would imagine you have used Amazon yourself so you will be able to promote them honestly and openly which people like and will build trust.
Next one in the Series
My next post will give tips on how to write a product review, the do’s and don’ts and I will provide a template to follow.
Bye for now!
Bye from Stewart!